Allstar Commercial Cleaning offers professional San Diego pressure washing services for your building’s exterior, which effectively remove dirt, grime, mold, mildew, and other contaminants, restoring its appearance and protecting it from potential damage. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how we can pressure wash your building’s exterior:
Before We Begin:
- Safety First: We wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), including safety goggles, gloves, and non-slip shoes. We are cautious when using a pressure washer, as the water jet can be powerful and potentially dangerous.
- Inspect Your Building:
- We examine the building’s exterior for any visible damage, loose or peeling paint, cracks, or loose siding. We address any necessary repairs before pressure washing.
Equipment and Supplies:
- Pressure Washer: We utilize a pressure washer suitable for your building’s size and the cleaning task. For larger commercial buildings, we are equipped with a high-powered commercial pressure washer.
- Cleaning Detergent: We choose an appropriate cleaning detergent for the type of surface you’re cleaning (e.g., siding, brick, concrete). Some pressure washers have a detergent tank or siphon attachment.
- Nozzle Tips: Pressure washers come with various nozzle tips for different spray patterns. We use a wide-angle tip for general cleaning and a narrow-angle tip for stubborn stains.
- Extension Wand: If your building is tall or has hard-to-reach areas, we can use an extension wand to access higher spots safely.
Pressure Washing Steps:
- Prepare the Area:
- Clear the area around your building of any obstacles, furniture, and debris.
- Cover delicate plants, electrical outlets, and fixtures to protect them from overspray and detergent.
- Mix Detergent:
- If using a detergent, we follow the manufacturer’s instructions to mix it with water in the appropriate concentration.
- Test the Pressure Washer:
- Test the pressure washer on a small, inconspicuous area to ensure it’s set at the right pressure and won’t damage the surface.
- Begin Pressure Washing:
- Start from the top and work your way down to prevent streaks.
- Hold the pressure washer wand at a consistent distance (usually 1-2 feet) from the surface to avoid causing damage.
- Use even, overlapping strokes to cover the entire surface.
- Apply Detergent (If Needed):
- Apply the detergent evenly to the surface using low pressure.
- Allow the detergent to sit for a few minutes to break down dirt and stains.
- Rinse Thoroughly:
- Switch to a clean water nozzle tip.
- Rinse off the detergent and dirt by moving the pressure washer wand in the same pattern as before, ensuring complete coverage.
- Difficult Stains:
- For stubborn stains or mold/mildew, we may need to use a more concentrated detergent or a specialized cleaner.
- Gently scrub with a soft brush or scrubbing attachment on the pressure washer, if necessary.
- Final Inspection:
- We walk around the building and inspect for any missed spots or areas that need additional cleaning.
- Clean Up:
- Turn off the pressure washer and release any remaining pressure.
- Disconnect and clean the nozzle tips and other accessories.
- Store the pressure washer and accessories properly.
Pressure washing your building’s exterior can significantly improve its curb appeal and extend its lifespan. We follow safety guidelines and use the appropriate equipment and techniques to avoid damage and achieve the best results. Hiring Allstar Commercial Cleaning for professional pressure washing service is essential to ensure the job is done correctly.
Contact us today at 858-715-0500 to schedule a no-cost consultation and estimate! You can click the following link to view our many 5-star Google Reviews from our satisfied clients.